Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So basically prom is frustrating. 
I have to:
  1. Find a dress that looks expensive but isn't
  2. Find shoes that match
  3. Paint my nails and toes
  4. Get a fancy hairdo
  5. Find a limo and organize who will be in it besides me
  6. Find money to pay for all this, plus the ticket (ouch)
  7. Find a nice boy to go with me (like that'll happen in Franklin)
And if I were a guy, I'd have to:
  1. Ask a girl
  2. Rent a tux
  3. Buy a ticket
DONE

Being a girl is so complicated sometimes. 

Anyways, I went dress shopping the other day with Jessie. 
I never found "the one". 
But I'm gonna keep looking obviously. Or go naked. 
I chose dress. 
But I also think it would be classy to go in a dress and Converse. Nice. 
Here are a few highlights of the shopping event. 



After all this, I was excited to shop more. 
But then in bed that night, I was like:
"Maybe I just won't go to prom."
Here's Why in List Form:
  • I can't dance very well
  • It is expensive like mad
  • I'm not sure if it is worth the stress
  • I'll feel weird if I go without a guy, but I doubt anyone will ask me. And I'm not the type to ask. 
  • Prom Drama has already begun
  • Someone will no doubt spike the punch
SIGH. 
But then I told myself that I should go. 
Here's Why:
  • I get to dress up like a princess
  • I can ride in a limo for the first time
  • It's fun getting all dressed up
  • I will have a summer job, so I'll get more money
  • This is supposed to be the "best night of my life"
  • I'll feel really left out if I don't go
  • Someone will no doubt spike the punch. 
So I lost against myself 6 to 7. 
I guess I'm going to the prom. 

Peace and List-Happiness, 
Mik

1 comment:

The Freak Muffin said...

awww, ok, here are the reasons why i think you should go:
1) you get to dress up and it's super duper fun
2) you get to see ppl dress up and mess up, and that's fun
3) you get to see sarah in a dress. :O
4) you get to see me :)
5) you will miss out on things... cuz it'll be all ppl's ever gonna talk about... "remember prom night...?"
6) you get to ride in a limo.
7) PICTURE TIME!!
8) it's ok if you cant dance, i'm no dancer either.
9) gabe wants to go
10) ME. enough said.

and here are the reasons why you shouldn't even think about not going:
1) you know you're going
2) you want to go
3) you know you will have fun
4) you know you wanna see me
5) you know you wanna see sarah in a dress and possibly w/ her hair down
6) you know you wanna see ppl mess up (dress strap falls off, heel breaks, drinks spilling on ppl... etc)
you get the point... :P

:D cheer up chummette, it'll be fine. it's still 2 months away.